In this episode I’ll talk about the new UXP Developer Tool, that you’re going to use to load, reload, watch, debug and scaffold new UXP plugins from templates!
If you find this content useful, please consider supporting me – 2020 is a hell of a year. I don’t have a Patreon page, but I’ve got two fairly cheap plugins on the Photoshop Marketplace, ALCE (Advanced Local Contrast Enhancer) and Double USM (on sharpening). If you happen to buy them, please leave a positive rating/review, it would greatly help. Or, you can
If you cannot, or don’t want to, that’s OK anyway.
Stay safe and thanks! 🙏🏻
The whole series so far
- #01 – Rundown on the UXP announcement @ the Adobe MAX 2020
- #02 - Documentation
- #03 - UXP Developer Tool
- #04 - Commands vs. Panels and the manifest.json
- #05 - Sync vs. Async code in Photoshop DOM Scripting
- #06 - BatchPlay (part 1): the ActionManager roots
- #07 - BatchPlay (part 2): Alchemist as a UXP Script Listener
- #09 - BatchPlay (part 3): Alchemist as a UXP Inspector
- #09 - Adobe Spectrum UXP
The transcripted video looks weird, but I’m told it helps to have it anyway because it’s easier to translate to other languages. Apologies for the lack of punctuation and the sloppy syntax.