If you’ve ever wanted a field guide to UXP, this is it. It’s titled “UXP Landscape Guide: mapping your learning journey through Adobe Extensibility”.
This one is a longer (~40 min) presentation which goal is to give a sense of what UXP is all about. Mostly to inform the learning journey of people approaching it for the first time, with just a vague idea of the territory’s shape. I’m going through a bit of history, the tech stack, the rationale, the possibilities, stuff to master, stuff to know something about, stuff to stay away from, resources, etc.
Thanks for following along! If you find this content useful, please consider supporting me: you can either purchase my latest UXP Course with ReactJS, or donate what you can like the following fine people did—it’ll be much appreciated! 🙏🏻
Thanks to: John Stevenson ⭐️, Adam Plouff, Dana Frenklach, Dmitry Egorov, Roberto Sabatini, Carlo Diamanti, Wending Dai, Pedro Marques, Anthony Kuyper, Gabriel Correia, Ben Wright, CtrlSoftware, Maiane Araujo, Mihály Dávid Paseczki, Caspar Shelley.
Stay safe, bye!
The whole series so far
- #01 – Rundown on the UXP announcement @ the Adobe MAX 2020
- #02 - Documentation
- #03 - UXP Developer Tool
- #04 - Commands vs. Panels and the manifest.json
- #05 - Sync vs. Async code in Photoshop DOM Scripting
- #06 - BatchPlay (part 1): the ActionManager roots
- #07 - BatchPlay (part 2): Alchemist as a UXP Script Listener
- #08 - BatchPlay (part 3): Alchemist as a UXP Inspector
- #09 - Adobe Spectrum UXP
- #10 - Modal Dialogs
- #11 - Flyout Menus and Entrypoints
- #12 - React JS and the UXP plugins Course
- #13 - Manifest v5
- #special - The UXP Landscape Guide