I am starting a new series on development, called “Adobe UXP: Things you need to know” (I’m getting fancy with titles 😊) In my intentions it’ll be very much along the lines of the old “HTML Panels Tips” series but in a different media. This first installment, a quick rundown on the news from the Adobe MAX 2020 announcement, is a 27 minutes video.
Let me know what you think: feedbacks on the series idea, about UXP, life during the pandemic. Speaking of which: if you find this content useful, please consider supporting me – 2020 is a hell of a year. I don’t have a Patreon page, but I’ve got two fairly cheap plugins on the Photoshop Marketplace, ALCE (Advanced Local Contrast Enhancer) and Double USM (on sharpening). If you happen to buy them, please leave a positive rating/review, it would greatly help. Or, you can
If you cannot, or don’t want to, that’s OK anyway.
Stay safe and thanks! 🙏🏻
The whole series so far
- #01 – Rundown on the UXP announcement @ the Adobe MAX 2020
- #02 - Documentation
- #03 - UXP Developer Tool
- #04 - Commands vs. Panels and the manifest.json
- #05 - Sync vs. Async code in Photoshop DOM Scripting
- #06 - BatchPlay (part 1): the ActionManager roots
- #07 - BatchPlay (part 2): Alchemist as a UXP Script Listener
- #08 - BatchPlay (part 3): Alchemist as a UXP Inspector
Since I’ve been asked about it here’s the speech transcription (automatically generated by YouTube and then edited to match the actual audio content). Hope this helps!